Artificial intelligence has started changing how waste sorting and garbage collection is being processed in construction sites. By the use of automatic sensors, robots can collect remains of aluminum, timber and other waste products in construction surroundings. Consequently, this new technology has prompted the effective recycling of garbage in waste management and recycling plants.
When contractors complete building skyscrapers and other structures, they leave a burden of collecting rubbish to the developer and also dealing with the generated waste every day.
A better way of gathering the waste and dumping it is by use of artificial intelligence. This has been demonstrated by companies such as Tomra Sorting Recycling and Machinex that use machine Learning devices and software to sort wastes. For example, automated water sorters use artificial intelligence techniques and computer vision robots to pick and recycle dirty water. However, when this technology was being adopted in 2012, it could not sort everything but it required the assistance of some staff in some stages of sorting. But this technology has been advanced where it can sort all the water-related waste and recycles. More so, the technology has got a high rate of purity where it separates the used water with other materials and recycles it for other uses.
Moreover, another technology is by use of radio frequency identification to select rubbish in construction sites and dispose of the dustbins that are attached to different tags. An automatic driven waste scans all the tags saves the data in a central server and ensures the waste is placed in the right bin. This automated system is effective and also saves time. Additionally, it only utilizes previous data records stored in the server and recommends the ideal thing to with it.
According to Mr. Brook Ney who is an expert in waste management, the innovation of waste sorting technologies has upgraded waste management all over the world. He adds that artificial intelligence technology has enabled the collection of large quantities of waste and better recycling since it is a mechanized process. Nevertheless, he warns that artificial intelligence technology must first be proved to ensure its sustainability before every industry begins to implement it. Other experts admit that by 2022, most waste materials will no longer be dampened to the soil but municipalities and other administrations will have to embrace new technologies to make their cities clean.
Besides, there is the use of Intelligent trash cans that are made with the internet of things detectors that also contain servers to identify waste and categorize it according to the type of waste and the specific disposal methodology. The computerized systems are replacing slow traditional sorting methods. Not only are they applied in the construction sector but also in other industries where the quantity of waste is enormous such as manufacturing. Global records show that over 65 percent of waste is currently recycled with the help of artificial intelligence technologies. The remaining 35 percent is trashed to the environment that harms the environment like the sea and air. Some artificial intelligence technologies can sort 160 pieces of waste per minute which at least 30 people will accomplish at the same time. Artificial intelligence continues to refine waste management in construction firms by leveraging computer vision.
Regardless of the quantity and type the waste is sorted immediately and directed to the right place for recycling. Furthermore, such systems are also being applied in damping sites where they are multitasking to sort immense quantities of waste and enhance smart recycling. Lastly, with this smarter artificial intelligence sorting technology, the world can reduce pollution that is brought by dumping wastes anyhow.